Using Scaler 2 to help advance your music theory

Scaler 2 is a comprehensive music theory workstation that helps musicians of all levels create in-key melodies, chords, and progressions. It offers a variety of features that make it a powerful tool for songwriting and improvisation.

Core Features

• Scale Detection: Scaler can automatically detect the scale of your MIDI input, allowing you to create music that is always in key.

• Chord Sets: Scaler provides over 400 song-based and genre-specific chord sets, as well as over 200 artist-curated chord sets. These chord sets provide inspiration for new progressions and melodies.

• Scales and Modes: Scaler offers a library of over 200 scales and modes, allowing you to explore a wide range of musical possibilities.

• Performances, Phrases, Sequences, Basslines, Melodies, and Rhythms: Scaler includes a vast collection of pre-recorded performances, phrases, sequences, basslines, melodies, and rhythms that are created by real pianists and musicians. These MIDI files can be customized to fit your specific needs.

• Key Change Transposer: Scaler’s Key Change Transposer allows you to easily transpose your MIDI input to a different key without affecting the original chords or melodies.

• Keyboard Mode: Scaler’s Keyboard Mode provides a visual representation of the current scale, chords, and arpeggios, making it easy to visualize and understand the relationships between different notes.

Additional Features

• Suggest Mode: Scaler’s Suggest Mode suggests chords and melodies based on the current scale and chord progression.

• Guitar Modes: Scaler 2.5 introduced Guitar Modes, which provide a convenient way to create guitar-based melodies and improvisations.

• Live Sync: Scaler 2.7 introduced Live Sync, which allows you to synchronize Scaler with your DAW’s tempo and transport controls.

• Multi Out: Scaler 2.7 introduced Multi Out, which allows you to send Scaler’s outputs to multiple destinations in your DAW, such as different tracks or buses.

• Parallel Harmony: Scaler 2.7 introduced Parallel Harmony, which allows you to create parallel harmonies for the current chord progression.

• Autoplay: Scaler 2.7 introduced Autoplay, which allows Scaler to automatically play back the currently selected performance, phrase, sequence, bassline, melody, or rhythm.

Great in depth video showing how Scaler 2 can help you during the creative process to come up with lovely sounding chord progressions.

I’m new to music theory, but Scaler 2 makes it so much easier to understand. The visual feedback and the ability to experiment with different scales and chords is helping me learn so much faster. I used to get stuck on the same old chord progressions, but Scaler suggests fresh ideas that I never would have come up with on my own.